If you're living in or travelling to Ireland, the weather can be unpredictable and harsh on your skin. We can experience all four seasons in a single day! Bright sunshine, heavy rain, and chilly frosty mornings. So when it comes to caring for our skin, it pays to be prepared for whatever the day brings. That's why it's important to ensure you are looking after your skin as per your skin's needs!
Determine your skin type
1. The first step in building a skincare routine is identifying your skin type. Is it dry, oily, combination, or sensitive? Knowing your skin type will help you choose the right products that work best for you! Check out this blog post here to determine your skin type.
Cleanse your skin
2. Cleansing is an essential part of any skincare routine, no matter what the weather. It removes dirt, makeup, and impurities from your skin. Our skin can become drier or flakier than normal during the colder weather, so it is important to use a gentle cleanser that doesn't strip your skin of its natural oils.
3. Moisturising is crucial for keeping your skin hydrated and protected! Choose a moisturiser that's appropriate for your skin type. The ingredient Hyaluronic acid can help keep moisture locked in, making it a great choice for Ireland’s weather. Moisturising is the key to keeping your skin hydrated and healthy while living in Ireland—even if you don't necessarily think your skin feels dry! To make sure you're protecting your skin, apply your moisturiser each morning after washing your face and then again at night for extra hydration.
4. We also need to protect our skin from the sun’s rays. Ireland's weather may not always be extremely sunny, but the sun’s rays can cause damage. Choose a broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. If you plan to be outside for prolonged periods, make sure to choose one that is water resistant. It is important to wear SPF everyday, regardless of how cold it is outside!
5. Consistency is key when it comes to building your routine. Stick to your routine and give your skin time to adjust and see results. By taking the time to find the right products and building a consistent routine, you’ll be able to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy despite the unpredictable Irish weather.
6. Finally, it's important to remember to keep yourself hydrated. Drinking enough water helps to keep your skin supple and free of wrinkles, so make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day
By incorporating the right products into your skincare routine, you can ensure your skin stays healthy and happy no matter the weather.
Listen to your skin and your body, skincare is so much more than just using the right products. Eat healthily, stay hydrated, get plenty of rest and exercise, and always remember to wear SPF every day to give your skin the best chance of looking and feeling healthy.
The Kinvara Team x