Boost your Immunity this Winter with a Nutritious Smoothie....
It's getting cold outside and it's so important that we protect ourselves from that chill and keep our immune system boosted.
This super quick and easy recipe contains Hawthorn Berries, and similar to Rosehips, they have been used for centuries to make healthy teas. They are full of anti-inflammatory properties and potent antioxidants which literally mop up Free Radicals which contribute to premature aging.
Most importantly you can find them on any hedgerow in Ireland for FREE!!
Try them in this delicious smoothie – it’s easy and very popular in our office.
Please ensure to cook the Hawthorn Berries and remove the seeds before using in the smoothie.
- 50-60g of Hawthorn Berries
- 1 Large beetroot, cooked
- 1 Medium Banana
- 250ml Coconut Milk
- Handful of Organic Oats
- Add all the above ingredient into a blender and blend until smooth.
- This smoothly can be served warm or cold.
- To heat it, gently warm it on the stove or hob, but don't let it boil.
- Serve the smoothie garnished with a scattering or organic oats.
Your diet plays a major part in keeping your skin healthy and hydrated because after all you are what you eat, right? Eating a healthy diet can literally be the difference between a fresh, dewy complexion and a dull, irritated, inflamed one.