As the leaves start to change colour and autumn slowly creeps in, it's time to start thinking about how the change in season will affect your skin. Just like the clothes you wear, your skincare routine needs to adapt to the weather.
In this post, we'll talk about the best ways to care for your skin in autumn. We'll cover how to adjust your skincare routine, what ingredients to look for in autumn-specific products, and how to deal with dry skin, oily skin, and everything in between.
The Changing Seasons and Your Skin
Your skin changes with the seasons, and so you need to change your skincare routine to reflect that. In the summer, your skin is likely to be oily and sweaty.
But as the days get shorter and the temperature starts to drop, your skin will become drier. At this point, you need ensure you are moisturising both in the day and night and maybe add in a serum or two to help with hydration.
And don't forget about your lips! Make sure you're using a lip balm to protect them from the cold weather.
The Best Way to Care for Your Skin in Autumn
So, as the weather starts to change and the leaves start to turn, it's time to adjust your skincare routine. Here are a few tips on how to care for your skin in autumn:
1. Keep it simple. Don't try to do too much at once. Autumn is a time for winding down, so keep your skincare routine simple.
2. Focus on hydration. The cold weather can be really drying, so make sure you're hydrating your skin properly.
3. Use a gentle cleanser. In autumn, your skin is going to be a little more sensitive, so use a gentle cleanser that won't strip away your natural oils.
4. Use a moisturiser during the day, and at night time. The moisturiser will nourish your ski as you sleep!
5. Exfoliate as much as you need to. This will help get rid of any dead skin cells that have built up over the summer. We recommend starting with once a week, and adjusting as needed (for your skin).
6. Make sure to drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is key for keeping your skin looking its best.
The Best Skincare Products for Autumn
It's time to adjust your skincare routine, because the weather is changing and that means your skin needs to adjust, too. Here are the best products to help you care for your skin in autumn:
1. A gentle cleanser that won't strip your skin of its natural oils.
2. A hydrating serum to help combat dryness.
3. A moisturiser.
4. A lip balm to protect your lips from the elements.
5. An eye serum/cream to help combat puffiness and dark circles.
6. A face oil to help keep your skin hydrated throughout the day.
The leaves are changing color and the autumn breeze is blowing – it's time to start thinking about how to care for your skin in preparation for the colder months.
Your skincare routine will need to change as the temperature starts to drop and the air becomes drier.
Kinvara Skincare products suit all skin types and ages, and are made from plants, plants and more plants!